Sign in to follow this  
blueblood

Hood Turn Signals

I dont know if its standard, but mine was tangled in between the wiring on the driver side inner fender, between the shock tower and firewall. (Brake distribution block area)

My replacement turn signal wiring also did not fit the existing plug. I had to cut the plug off of the turn signal pigtail, and crimp on either blue or red male bayonette plugs from radio shack, these fit nice and tight in the main wiring.

I have a 302 coupe, which apparently came with the scoop. As far as I can tell it is original, it is a FORD made plastic scoop, but it may have been a dealer added option.

The main plug is down on the front cross member .The turn signal on the driver side unplugs and the scoop harness acts as a jumper plugin.The turn signal plugs back together with the scoop wires connecting the circuit .The scoop wires were then wound around the main harness back up to the fire wall where it grounds right beside the windshield wiper wire .My scoop wires were factory zip tied to the windshield wiper wires .

Like Ridge Runner said it actually is an add in type harness that plugs in between the turn signal harness at the bottom of the front cross member. Kind of weird and took me tracing mine back up to the under hood area to understand what it was. The scoop harness plugs in under the hood to this add in harness. If the car didn't have the scoop turn signals it may not have the harness from the front??

Stephen

My harness is a factory harness and for some reason it is one piece from the front cross member all the way to the two scoop signal lights .I have another one that is two piece ,the scoop wires un plug from the jumper harness and plug together near the master cylinder .

All 1969's had the separate Hood Scoop Harness that follows the main harness back to the cowl.

I'm 99% sure that in '70, the scoop wiring only came from the factory integral to the main harness. There also was no Sports Appearance Package in '70 with the scoop & racing mirrors like in 1969, so the only Mustangs in '70 to come with the factory scoop were Mach 1's.

Doug

I haven't been able to find anything that shows anything but a mach 1 with the hood scoop in 70 ,it is possible mine was dealer installed .They would have had to replace the hood at the dealers as well though because it had the factory punch out below the scoop .Mine was sunlit gold ,even the hood, under one repaint of candy apple red

The 1969 Sports Appearance Group was not listed in any price lists I've ever seen, but I've read it was a special package that was included in a "seasonal brochure".

Maybe Ford did the same thing again in '70, but I've never seen or read anything saying so.

Doug