Sign in to follow this  
Dave R.

more tires and wheels

I have looked for this exact combination to have been discussed here but can't find it. My '69 Mach 1 R code is nearing completion. I have kept it nearly stock and want to continue to do so. But I do want to fill the wheel openings a bit more than the stock tire/wheel combination. If I use the Vintiques 15" chrome Mach/GT style wheel with a 225/70r15 tire will I have rubbing issues? I see that some are using 235's with some rubbing. Any thoughts? Dave R.

I looked at that size tire but it is only 1.7" taller that the stock tire/wheel combo. That is overall height which is .85" from center of the wheel to the tread. The 225/70 is 2.6" taller or 1.3" from the center of the wheel to the tread. I hate to go overboard as well as not go big enough. Thanks barnett468. Dave R.

Nearly non-existent size. Looks like it was only used on the 1993 Jaguar. Thanks barnett468.

yes sadly they are hard to find . . bf goodrich used to make them . . i bought dozens of them for the 69 - 70 machs.

Edited by barnett468

Thanks Max Power. The 60/15's are almost identical to the original tire/wheel combo. That is why I am wondering about a taller tire such as a 70 series. Dave R.

in case you have never seen 225 x 70 - 15's on a mustang, they look almost like truck tires on the front because of the tall sidewall and the od.

you can put 215 x 65 - 18's on a 7" rim . . i have done this also but they don't look really wide.

i'm sure you know you could lower the front with lowering springs and the rear with lowering blocks.

Here it is with the fender on after it came back from paint... Wheels were 15x7, 0 offset. Still, they never rubbed when I drove the car daily.

if you turn your wheel all the way and compression the suspension all the way it will likely hit.