Sign in to follow this  
mustangmike6996

gas pedal question

Well.... long story short, I forgot I had this issue.....

I put a new throttle cable on the car and the cable end wants to twist and pull out of the pedal. Is there a clip that holds the cable end to the pedal?

Its been about 14 years since I took this stuff apart

Can you guys post some pics of what it looks like if there is

Going strictly from memory here but there's just a barrel lug on the end that rests in a recess on the pedal arm. Tension from the return spring on the carb holds it in place.

Maybe I need more return spring on the carb... If I "burp" the throttle and let it close fast, the cable will pop out of the resting spot

The barrel end stays in mine okay. But I can tell it won't take much to slip through the elongated hole. To ensure mine cannot come out I simply used a wire tie (zip tie) in the hole on the pedal arm. The zip tie takes up enough space in the elongated hole so the barrel end on the cable cannot fit through the remaining opening. With a little creativity you can find a way to prevent the cable end from slipping through the hole. It sounds like the cable ends were crimped on the cable slightly off.