Raven R code

Rim Blow Switches

Did a quick search and didn't find much on the subject.

Are any switches better than others? I looked at getting my wheel done through a service(pricey) but then realized I really only really need a rim blow switch and Chrome/mylar strip on the outside. My original woodgrain is 95% there and I have 1 hairline crack on the backside. I've heard about the replacement rim blow switches not working in all spots. Not sure if that is an install issue or defective/poorly made switch.

Thanks,

Dave

Did a quick search and didn't find much on the subject.

Are any switches better than others? I looked at getting my wheel done through a service(pricey) but then realized I really only really need a rim blow switch and Chrome/mylar strip on the outside. My original woodgrain is 95% there and I have 1 hairline crack on the backside. I've heard about the replacement rim blow switches not working in all spots. Not sure if that is an install issue or defective/poorly made switch.

Thanks,

Dave

Expecting a Carpenter switch tomorrow and will be able to comment then. Since you are looking at your wheel; any idea of the purpose/function of the two upper screws ? The picture in the lower right shows the horn center w/switch terminals and above those are two more w/no connections. Brian

Edited by Brian Conway

Expecting a Carpenter switch tomorrow and will be able to comment then. Since you are looking at your wheel; any idea of the purpose/function of the two upper screws ? The picture in the lower right shows the horn center w/switch terminals and above those are two more w/no connections. Brian

Edited by Brian Conway

Although I have only bought one, I had really good luck with the Dan Carpenter repo. It did slip in much easier than I was expecting but maybe my wheel gap had opened? It activates anywhere on the wheel. Its a good product, no need to pay 2-3X as much for a NOS collectors item unless that is your goal.

Although I have only bought one, I had really good luck with the Dan Carpenter repo. It did slip in much easier than I was expecting but maybe my wheel gap had opened? It activates anywhere on the wheel. Its a good product, no need to pay 2-3X as much for a NOS collectors item unless that is your goal.

Since you are looking at your wheel; any idea of the purpose/function of the two upper screws ? The picture in the lower right shows the horn center w/switch terminals and above those are two more w/no connections. Brian

Those 2 screws hold the metal plate(horn contact rings;fig A) on the back hub of the wheel(along with the other 2 screws....4 total).

Since you are looking at your wheel; any idea of the purpose/function of the two upper screws ? The picture in the lower right shows the horn center w/switch terminals and above those are two more w/no connections. Brian

Those 2 screws hold the metal plate(horn contact rings;fig A) on the back hub of the wheel(along with the other 2 screws....4 total).

the scott drake center for the deluxe steering wheel came in today. Looks good but the horse is chrome....the original is satin.

Any info on the various rim blow switches out there? CJPP has a scott drake for $146 and a cheaper one for $88 (on sale), Not sure if you get what you pay for with these.