Sign in to follow this  
esilassy

How long can I wait to color sand?

OK, I have a few parts in primer, and want to get some color/clear on before it gets too cold. I don't really have a heated space to paint and sand. How long can I ait to color sand and buff? I mean, can I shoot the paint, and color sand in the spring when it is warmer? I understand it will be "harder" by then and more difficult to cut, but is it feasible? I want to get paint on the parts before they flash rust, cause primer is still porous, right?

OK, I have a few parts in primer, and want to get some color/clear on before it gets too cold. I don't really have a heated space to paint and sand. How long can I ait to color sand and buff? I mean, can I shoot the paint, and color sand in the spring when it is warmer? I understand it will be "harder" by then and more difficult to cut, but is it feasible? I want to get paint on the parts before they flash rust, cause primer is still porous, right?