Sign in to follow this  
Guillaume69

France "Le Castellet" Classic Race

Hi all.

I wanted to share some pictures of a really cool event that's going on in the south of France this week-end. It is called "Les 10,000 Tours du Castellet", understand "The 10,000 Laps of Le Castellet". It features multiple series and races of both classic and modern cars. The track is one of the most famous ones in France, formerly known as "Circuit Paul Ricard", and is located in the south east, where the area you guys call the "Riviera" begins. In France, this track is only second to Le Mans, in terms of heritage, if you ask me. The Formula 1 Grand Prix de France used to happen on that track until they moved it to a newer one called Magny Cours, closer to Paris. Le Castellet is an enchanted place for anyone into car racing, whether you are into European exotic or American muscle. Racers and clubs come from all over Europe, as it also is a big car show.

Needless to say that "Ricers" do not pass the DNA test to enter this event. LOL. I only wish we could see more TransAm Era cars race over there, like 69-70 Bosses.

http://peterauto.peter.fr/en/evenement/course/id/27/nom/Dix%20Mille%20Tours%20du%20Castellet

Please enjoy, as my friends came up with some pretty decent pics.

image_zps8bd8956a.jpg

image_zpsea789754.jpg

image_zpsdbbc69af.jpg

image_zpsf65bc772.jpg

image_zps494a0f67.jpg

image_zps38cd8e64.jpg

image_zps2e9c73b0.jpg

image_zps3057d312.jpg

image_zps7440dbcd.jpg

image_zpsead5d2f8.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69