Sign in to follow this  
juit

tons of car ebooks for download

should I do it? its multiple choice :)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. should I do it? its multiple choice :)

• YES
    • NO
    • GO AND HANG YOUR SELF! :(

ive been digitalizing, buying & saving them for some time

I have a small server but its not fast

I havent finish my server it still need some parts Ill buy during this week,

I can leave the server on once I put all the books if you like

all of you are ok with me sharing them here?

if you like them you could buy them if you want "in B&N"

It will be easy the download prosses Ill just send you a link and thats it, the only thing I will turn it on at night or if some one really needs it Ill turn it on for a while

Edited by juit

Are you the publisher of the books? My guess would be no. If not, you are in severe copyright violation and are subject to lawsuit.

The content of these books is not yours to sell, not even share. This is plain and simple theft, and the kind of crap that puts small publishers out of business.

most of them are old school, other you wont even see them digitalized ever, like the boss manual that some people sell them but they dont have anything to do with the guy who made it, exept for the ones that are in barnes and noble about welding sheet metal and engine building, but hey no prob thats why Im asking before even put the link up or the people interested, Im not asking for a cent here also

I respect your opinion,

I think the only way to legally distribute them (printed or electronic) is if the copyright has expired and not renewed and the material is then public domain or you pick up the copyright. Not a lawyer so don't know for sure.

It doesn't matter if you are charging for them or not, you are still in violation of copyright law if you reproduce them and distribute in any form. Pre-1964, the creator of the content will have had to apply for copyright to have it extend till now, but any materials after 1964 are in a nutshell copyright protected. That goes for magazine ads, magazine covers, sales brochures, factory generated material like manuals, magazine photos, etc. And you don't know who applied pre-64 and who didn't.

It doesn't matter if it is popular, or has never been reproduced, it's still not yours to distribute. It's very similar to the music industry, and the reason Napster users got sued for hundreds of thousands of dollars for distributing copyrighted content. While you may be doing it for free, providing free content prevents the sale of the content from legitimate producers.

Some will take liberties or have genuine ignorance of the law, the content posted on the internet is a perfect example, but be prepared, if you post any content that is not yours, Ford especially, you will be at risk. I just went through Ford's licensing contract and it is very clear in reading it that they are very keen on protecting what is theirs. I have a friend who was an employee over there years ago told me their legal department had over 300 people in Dearborn alone.

It doesn't matter where the server is located. US Copyright laws apply worldwide.

serious answer:

first of all they are books that are called orphans that no one will claimed and don't care if they are copied and share, "hard copy" even office depot knows this

"There is no such thing as an 'international copyright' that will automatically protect an author's writings throughout the entire world. Protection against unauthorized use in a particular country depends, basically, on the national laws of that country." So, if you are really worried about how your book rights are protected (or not) worldwide, it would be best to check with an agent or attorney. you can get help in the UNESCO also

good luck trying to get someone in Mexico for a infringement over a broken patent or copyright

on digital media well that's a whole different story "its worse"

now if you are really not cool with this? its Ok man no problem I wont share the link and that's it end of discussion, but if you want me to answer as an adult please don't try to use scare tactics you use on a child, in the real world they don't apply like you are telling us

Now the joking part:

if the server is in mars then you escalate to the whole galaxy?

ill take my chances then :lol:

Im jkn man

Edited by juit

serious answer:

first of all they are books that are called orphans that no one will claimed and don't care if they are copied and share, "hard copy" even office depot knows this

"There is no such thing as an 'international copyright' that will automatically protect an author's writings throughout the entire world. Protection against unauthorized use in a particular country depends, basically, on the national laws of that country." So, if you are really worried about how your book rights are protected (or not) worldwide, it would be best to check with an agent or attorney. you can get help in the UNESCO also

good luck trying to get someone in Mexico for a infringement over a broken patent or copyright

on digital media well that's a whole different story "its worse"

now if you are really not cool with this? its Ok man no problem I wont share the link and that's it end of discussion, but if you want me to answer as an adult please don't try to use scare tactics you use on a child, in the real world they don't apply like you are telling us

Now the joking part:

if the server is in mars then you escalate to the whole galaxy?

ill take my chances then :lol:

Im jkn man

I am not speaking to you as a child. So don't act like one. Copyright law is not scare tactics, it's law. And regardless of how difficult it is to enforce internationally, do you really want to hire a lawyer and pay to defend yourself for giving other's work away for free? Knock yourself out. I cannot and will not tell you when and when not to break the law.

I have had copyright law enforced on my product in Australia, the UK and France. Usually it's easiest to do it through the hosting medium, like this website. eBay and Amazon are VERY compliant in this.

Do what ever you want to do. Seems you have people here who want it, so, indemnify this site and email the link directly.

This is the last I will say on it, and you seem pretty content in ignoring and respecting copyright.

ok guys a frien gave me a device for the job its a lot easy that the server stuff

I sent the links for the guys who ask them

Im doing this because this forum has given me too much and this is a way for me of paying back

If you like any book and want to support the author buy it