Sign in to follow this  
jgkurz

Fuel Line Clip Needed

Hi All,

Any suggestions where I could find this fuel line clip for my 69? The fuel line pushes into this clip just in front of the fuel tank and above the sender. I can't seem to find any reproduction.

Thank you!

Clip1_zps2aaea844.jpg

Clip4_zps8f2f171d.jpg

Clip2_zpsa90ca6fe.jpg

Clip3_zps9d412357.jpg

On my Mach1, the clip is in the same general area of your picture, but a little closer to the driver side rear tire. It would be just out of the picture you took.

Edited by jgkurz

Interested in the clip; how many and where ? I don't see the location on my car but it does seem that the fuel line may have been cut. Interesting post. Brian

It looks like you've got too much rubber line and not enough steel. The steel line follows the gas tank opening, then drops down to the tank outlet where a short hose connects the two. I don't have a good picture of mine but I found this pic of a '65 on allfordmustangs.com and it's virtually the same except the '65 doesn't have the clip.

Went looking for that location and found something 7' from the fuel sender. So either the clip you have pictured or maybe the same type clamp used at the frame rails ? Thanks for sharing. Brian

You got it. It's the clip like JG pictured. It's different than the frame rail clamps.

OK great. Another little mystery unraveled. I thought this was not the OE tank and this seems to confirm that. The pictures are a great help. Thanks, Brian

Your tank might be right. Looks like a PO cut off part of the steel line for some reason. damage? rust? who knows...

Hi All,

Just getting caught up on posts. Brian Conway's picture with the yellow toothpick in the hole is where the metal fuel line clips in. The metal fuel line clips in and ends about 8" short of the sender where rubber hose is then used.

Edited by jgkurz