Sign in to follow this  
Topless69GT

A/C question.

My car is a 351W car with factory air. I am trying to finish up the under hood stuff and I am down to the very end of the A/C system. Everything is in place but I have a problem. The sight hose appears to be short and won't connect with the dryer. Is there an additional short hose that goes in between the two? I checked the part numbers on both parts that I have and according to everything I have found they are the correct ones.

Also does anyone have a picture of the correct A/C clutch. I have several styles here from past cars and not sure which one is for the 69.

Thank you

Ryan

I don't have a pic but my car has the factory orig hoses and the sight hose stops just short of the radiator support. About an inch short. The dryer has a piece that meets up to the hose but it is part of the dryer, not any pc that comes off.

The hose I have must have been mislabeled. It has the right part number sticker on it but it stops 4 to 5 inches shy of the radiator support. My dryer has the metal extension that goes through the opening of the radiator support and sticks about an inch into the engine bay.

My sight glass hose ends right after the square sight glass and it is threaded. It looks like from your photo that the sight glass hose extends a little further past that point before connecting to the solid dryer line. Does the hose after the sight glass and the brass fitting remain flexible until the solid dryer line? I will post photos of mine to show the issue.

Edited by Topless69GT

I believe it is a solid line all the way to the sightglass...I will check in the morning..

My high side hose still has enough room even if there was no sightglass..heck it circles the whole engine bay.. Just got home...5 1/2" from the core support is the conection for the sightglass...all hard line and fittings to the dryer..hope that helps..

Edited by 1969vert

I don't want to thread hi-jack, but did you re-build your factory A/C unit? I'd like to put my factory compressor back in the car, but would prefer to make sure it's going to work before I install it (or at least change the seals? bushings? so there's a hope in heck it might work!)

Yours looks like some modern replacement hoses, mine are nothing like that

My sight glass hose ends right after the square sight glass and it is threaded. It looks like from your photo that the sight glass hose extends a little further past that point before connecting to the solid dryer line. Does the hose after the sight glass and the brass fitting remain flexible until the solid dryer line? I will post photos of mine to show the issue.

I actually did not rebuild the original one because someone stripped most of the under hood stuff before I got the car and it was missing. I got one from Rock Auto that was identical to the original one but already rebuilt. I think it was like $170 bucks.