Sign in to follow this  
Raven R code

Dynacorn Hood

I just picked my new hood. I noticed on the underside , where the cut outs for the hood pins go, that the underside cut outs are oval and not round like my original hood. Anyone have this problem? Is there a variation of the 1969 hood that actually came with oval cut outs that I'm not aware of?

Dave

I just picked my new hood. I noticed on the underside , where the cut outs for the hood pins go, that the underside cut outs are oval and not round like my original hood. Anyone have this problem? Is there a variation of the 1969 hood that actually came with oval cut outs that I'm not aware of?

Dave

Just looked at my dynacorn it is as you said oval it measures approximately 4 inches one way and about 3.5 the other. Also looked at my original and it 3 inch round holes. This hole is only for access to mount the hood pin hardware isn't it. I don't think it matters of the size or configuration. At least it doesn't on mine the hardware will still mount just fine. Hope this helps.

Dave

I need to buy a new hood. How we'll does the dynacore fit?

Can't speak for anyone else but I have yet to buy any repo that fit without some massaging and tweaking. I have mentioned this before but the best fitting panel with the least amount of body work was the rear 1/4 to my amazement it fit very well. The thing that most experience with the hoods is the profile of the edge does not match the fenders to well. They are in most cases a high place that has to be worked down. In my particular case one side of mine measuring from rear corner to front corner was 3/16 of an inch shorter on one side that had to be corrected. Then I have read where others say the repo hood fit perfect so I guess its partly a stroke of luck.

If you decide to purchase one hope you are one of the ones that gets a good one.

Dave