Sign in to follow this  
rwcstang

need pics, hood mounted turn signal main feed

Hey guys,

so Im installing left over parts little by little. Originally the car was equipped with this set up but I forgot where the main wires connects to.

can anyone send me a pic of the location on where the main connector is located?

i've read that the connector is located inside the dash or in front by the head lights.

thanks

I believe like the 67/68's, there was a separate harness that plugged into the headlight extension plugs and ran all the way back to the headlight junction near the firewall. From there, another harness actually ran up to the hood turn signal lamps.

There is a harness that goes from the front turn signals, follows along with the mail headlamp harness over to the firewall and then connects to the smaller harness that attaches to the good scoop lights and the good itself

Bob

There is a harness that goes from the front turn signals, follows along with the mail headlamp harness over to the firewall and then connects to the smaller harness that attaches to the good scoop lights and the good itself

Bob

What Bob says. Here is a picture where mine connects near the front signals and then a picture where it connects to the scoop lights. The entire harness runs along the driver's side of the engine bay and then along the top of the firewall.

Here's the 2 harness's at CJP ...

http://www.cjponyparts.com/hood-mounted-turn-signal-feed-wire-1969/p/WHD3/

http://www.cjponyparts.com/amp-hood-mounted-turn-signal-wiring-harness-1969-1970/p/WHD2/

This aux harness follows the main Headlamp harness to above the master cylinder where it plugs into the scoop harness.

Doug

Edited by stangs-R-me