Sign in to follow this  
970fizz

Low stance

Looking for pics and info on suspension set up on 69/70 out there that are sitting low!!!! And that are still running coils and leafs.

I'm going with a street T/A theme in my 70, and I need to be as low as possible, thinking of running a Shelby drop with 620 up front (maybe cut .5-.75 of a coil) and mid eye leafs in back with 2 drop block.

Any one running close to that set up?

My Friend has 620s with 1 coil cut and Mid Eye Springs...

My car which is not done yet had 3.5 leaf Reverse Eye and 620s dont know how much I gotta cut

Shoot me a number or email address and I can send ya pics of his car...pics are to big to upload on site :9

My first post here. I was wondering what would be the best option to dropping my 69 fastback to a lower stance without an air bag type suspension. I hope this pic will post; absolutely love this setup. It appears to have 20 inch American racing torque thrust rims. The front and rear brakes are drums.

ford,mustang,back,in,black,1977,124,4-9019-12397-jpg.html

In the front I used 1" 620 coils and did the Shelby upgrade of re-positioning the upper control arm. It lowers the front an extra inch as well as upgrading the handling noticeably. The rear got 2" lowered leaf springs and 1/2" lowering blocks. KYB shocks on all 4 corners with 14's and a 1" sway bar up front. It handles and looks great IMHO.<a href=uptodec08037.jpg' alt='uptodec08037.jpg'

uptodec08041.jpg

Edited by dkm004

Here are a few of mine, achieved by cutting coils, de-arching leafs, and adding drop blocks.

That's about where i want my car to sit.

I would love to get it as low in the front as the Allen moffat boss,

But I know that car has the pie ( wedge ) cut done by car craft that alters the appearance of how low it looks.

Edited by 970fizz

140101_001.jpg

140320_001.jpg

I have OPR roller track arms, which allowed for 1.5" shelby drop. 1" drop springs with 1 coil cut, and 4.5 reverse eye leafs. HOWEVER I cut the spring before realizing the perches were backwards, and now I am going to buy new springs and only cut 1/3 to 1/2 a coil. Bumpstop issues and sway bar issues have driven me insane, and because of how much I dropped the upper arm negative camber became an issue too. Not sure how different this is for those with only 1" upper arm drop, but my car is basically riding on the bumpstops right now so this setup officially sucks. Looks cool though, but it will be more level after I get new springs.