Sign in to follow this  
cappy1.rm

A good news thread

Well, I finally got all my mustang`s problems ironed out, ( took 5 months ), but anyway,,, Rebuilt 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Holley 600 carb, new tranny, driveline rebalanced and trued. Rear diff was drained and refilled. New motor and tranny mounts.. New chrome Altenator and regulator with new wiring for that regulator. Finally.... it runs like a top,,. Am taking it to a car show this weekend. Checked mileage tonite after two nice afternoon cruises to the beach and back. 16.666 mpg.... I was going to be happy with 12mpg. Cruised around town tonite with a 2012 mustang. That was cool.

Last weekend I entered my 69 Grande' in the car show in Quincy, CA. It is also a 351W with Edelbrock intake and Holley carb. I drove about 350 miles round trip and got 17.5 mpg. Although only lightly modified, I entered it in the Modified Mustang, Camaro and Firebird Class and I took first place. YAHOO!

Tony. I just went to Jiffy Lube, and had them suck it dry while another guy was changing tranny fluid . Brake fluid was changed when I had disc brakes installed on front end. I guess the rear end grease was some pretty bad looking stuff. It could have been 40 years old, I don't know for sure.