Sign in to follow this  
jerrywmalcolm

door handles

ok, i have a set of new door handles, for a 69 mach 1, took the door panel off, looked, studied it for a while, i thought just a couple of screws, not quite, can't get my hand in areas, will be hard to get to the inside screw holding the door handle on, do i have to take the window out?, parts of the door [parts, it can't be that hard, but it seems like it to me, i put it back together, figured i better ask u guys how its done, thanks jerry

Lacking ferrets, taking the glass and interior door panels out makes it a lot easier, even though it's more work, if that makes any sense. Not sure if it's absolutely necessary,.

Edited by 69RavenConv
spelt rong

If you bought the complete door handle assy. with the push button and all the other little doo dads on it your going to have to take all of your old stuff off of your old handle and mount it on to the new chrome handle for starters.

Just went to put a set on my car and they wouldn't go in...Ok rivet is a little too wode...smash it a bit...still wont fit...WTF I look and the door flipper where you push the button is upside down ????

Look at the box the handles came in and it says 65-66 Also "69-70"

I call parts place guy tells me I have to use the old mechanism and the New chrome handle....one MAJOR problem...I only have the driver side complete assembly,,,, DAMMIT.

Oh to remove your old stuff roll up window, remove door panel, squeeze arm inside and un-do screws, disconnect little plastic flip retainer that holds the rod on and I believe that's it...

Ill double check this evening..... once you remove the screws the handle and mechinism will come out of the door from the outside as one assembly