Sign in to follow this  
RPM

Heater Fan Motor Attachment

Hey guys, I would search this question if my tablet allowed it. How does the fan motor attach to the heater box and firewall? Does one set of nuts hold the assembly on the studs and attach to the firewall? Or does one set of nuts hold the motor to the heater box, and another hold the assembly to the firewall? I've looked thru my assembly manuals without any (good) luck. Thanks,

Bob

Typically, the motor is attached to the heater box and four studs pass through the firewall to attach the heater box assembly.

I just looked at my non-A/C heater box for my 69 Coupe & the blower fan motor slips over the 4 studs that mount the box to the firewall & are attached with 4 nuts, then when you slide the heater box in place the 4 stud go through the firewall & are attached in he engine compartment by 4 speed nuts. Hope that helps.

Mike.

Thank you gentlemen! I had those four nuts that hold the motor to the housing all along. When I first tried to strart the nut, I couldn't get one going so i figured they were the wrong size. YA BIG DUMMY! (in my best Fred Sanford voice). Master mechanic right here. Oy.

Bob