Sign in to follow this  
bobh67

power steering hose supplier for correct fitting hoses

I am looking for ONLY the pair of small power steering hoses that go from the power ram to the control valve for my '69. I want ones that actually fit and are the correct length,bends etc. In the past I dealt with vendors selling ones that are NOT close to the original design. Can someone tell me who they used for correct fitting ones? I know most catalog vendors do not have the correct ones for sale. A few years ago at the Columbus swap someone was selling them and mostly only PS stuff. Any help?

A few years ago at the Columbus swap someone was selling them and mostly only PS stuff. Any help?

I believe that was probably Roger Rode (pronounced "roadie") in Galion, Ohio. He's been rebuilding Ford PS units since the mid-80's. He did some body work on my car way back when. He was at the Columbus Spring swap last month so I know he's still in business. I have no first hand experience with his PS work other than visiting his shop but he gets very good reviews in the Mustang community. You might try giving him a call, he's a pretty nice guy and can probably tell you what your best options are.

He doesn't have a web site but his info is:

Rode's Restoration

1406 Lohr Road

Galion,OH 44833-9508

Phone: (419) 468-5182

I used chocko for my ps lines. No complaints, and surprisingly, after 4 months as a daily driver, no leaks.

Those lines are pretty difficult to decipher no matter who you get them from. My advice is to take a lot of before pics to help with the after.