Sign in to follow this  
farmerjoe

tail panel blackout dimensions

my car is finally getting painted and paint guy wants me to show him how the tail panel needs to be painted . the more questions he asked the more I realized I did not no. I have seen plenty of pics but still not sure if underneath trunck lid needs to be painted. if anyone has any tips or pics would be greatly appreciated.

I had some pics from under the deck lid once, but have long since lost them (ya, I'm no help, sorry).

If I recall, the entire panel, including the lip that seals the trunk, is painted black. I don't recall now where the black ends on the lip as the lip rolls towards the front of the car.

Here are a few pictures I found just using Google Images (1969 Boss 302 Trunk).

Hope they help.

Chuck

I had some pics from under the deck lid once, but have long since lost them (ya, I'm no help, sorry).

If I recall, the entire panel, including the lip that seals the trunk, is painted black. I don't recall now where the black ends on the lip as the lip rolls towards the front of the car.

Here are a few pictures I found just using Google Images (1969 Boss 302 Trunk).

Hope they help.

Chuck

There are two methods: The Dearborn way, like the orange and blue Boss 302s, and the Meutchen way; like this: trunk_1.JPG