Sign in to follow this  
MN69Grande

Correct Flexplate help

So a couple weeks ago I took delivery of a 306 crate motor from Ford Racing. I don't have my old motor out yet. However I'm going to need a new flexplate with the correct balancing. When I look at summit racing there are multiple options:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/flexplates/make/ford/engine-size/5-0l-302/engine-family/ford-small-block-windsor/engine-balance/external-50-oz-imbalance?SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

Does anyone know if the number of Teeth and Bolt Pattern were standard in 69 and what they are? (early 69 with 68 serial numbers on the motor)

Is the pattern based on the Engine or Transmission/Torque converter? I assume the teeth has to do with the starter?

I'd like to order the parts and have them ready for a quick swap..

What so the engine and trans in there now?

What is the ballace on the crate motor? 28.8 or 50oz

Diameter, number of teeth, and converter pattern is based on the trans.

The ballance weight is based on the engine

What so the engine and trans in there now?

What is the ballace on the crate motor? 28.8 or 50oz

Diameter, number of teeth, and converter pattern is based on the trans.

The ballance weight is based on the engine

Ahh so the balance is 50oz. That I know from the paper work that came with the motor.

The original engine/transmission is in the car and original to the car but we are going to swap it until there is time to rebuild it properly. Later this crate will get reused elsewhere. or at least that is the plan.

So I was hoping to get the parts lined up as there is limited time to work on the car.

So what trans do you have?

If you have a C4 then there is a specific flex plate that is used for the swap. Most mustang shops and mustang specific trans shops have the plate

Bob

The bellhousing on the C4 actually determines whether the flywheel is a 157 or 164. See attached PDF reference guide.

Thanks! This awesome. I was thinking it was probably 157. I'll check for the part number on the bell housing.