Sign in to follow this  
geraldchainsaw

water, ??????????????

That's a PIA job. Take a hose and run water through the cowl and make sure that's where it's coming from before you go digging into that project.

Here's an option instead of replacing the entire lower cowl if you don't have to.

Edited by Big Secz

Where on the drivers side floor?

You can also have a problem with the air vent in the kick panel. If it is missing, broken or if the seal/goop is bad you can get water in there too

You can also have rust along the side or bottom of the windshield.

You can get a leake in the windshields seal too

Take a garden hose as said and run it in the cowl vent and look for dripping of water. If you get that then remove the dash pad and repete the test to better find the spot

If you do not get it in the cowl then have someone run water along the side and top of the windshield while you look for water coming in. If you get some, again remove dash pad and repete

Bob

I replaced my entire upper and lower....talk about a PITA.

If it is the cowl look into some of the POR 15 products...look in the eastwood catalog...they have all kinds of nice repair stuff that can get you fixed up IF its the cowl panel

ok, i used my presure sprayer on the car, also used a garden hose in the cowl area, cleaning the eng compartment, found a little water on the floor on drivers side, so i checked the eng comp again and found a 3/8's hole on the fire wall, could be the problems, i'll just have to keep watching/. thanks for all the advise, jerry