Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Need Pic of 1970 Frt disc brake hose mount

Since you are converting from drum to disc. Take the drum bracket off the frame rail and there are two holes that match up with the holes on the bracket end of the disc brake hose. It just bolts directly to the frame rail.

I believe you need to change the direction of the hard line. For drum brakes the hard line loops around and points to the rear of the car. For disc brakes the hard line is straight and faces the front of the car and the soft line connection/opening faces the rear of the car for disc brakes.

Here's my Torino but it's the same on Mustangs.

Thanks for all of the input guys!

Big Secz-I may of been scratching my head on that one, thanks!

If you use the existing drum brake hard lines you will have to cut them and double flare them to get them to work.

I see what your meaning about the soft to hard brake line.

Since the motor is out, maybe I should buy 2 new front hard brake lines.

I looked on line and I don't see brake lines for manual disc. Should I get power disk lines.

Also, since I'm started from scratch, is there2 or 1 brass washer for the Banjo Bolt.

Here's a picture of a 70 disc Brake line

4b_zpsca681e9b.jpg

There are two washers.

I've never seen disc brakes routed that way. That picture has the brake line going all the way to the front of the car under the washer reservoir. It should be routed like below.

The picture you showed is where the fuel line should be routed and they used it for the brake line.

Of course the more I poke around online the more variations I see.

Edited by Big Secz

I see what your saying, the hard line should go through the rubber grommet.

On that and the following pictures is a restored Boss 302.

You can see the backside of the above picture and one take on the Passenger side.

I wonder why that car had the hard lines that way????

4c_zps0e9e8253.jpg

4a_zps62a41896.jpg

The fuel line comes through the grommet toward the front of the car. See blue line in pic below (also notice the difference in thickness in the lines in the original image, the thicker is the fuel line). The brake line comes out the side of the proportioning valve and through the grommet on opposite side of the fuel line and then runs straight into the soft brake line.

The second picture you posted is correct routing of the brake line for the passenger side.