Sign in to follow this  
det0326

Does anyone know what this bracket is used for

This bracket came with a sheet metal panel that I purchased but it has been so long for the life of me I can't remember which one. Does anyone know what it is used for?

thanks Dave

Is that the bracket for the rear interior panels.

I can check once I get home.

Is that the bracket for the rear interior panels.

I can check once I get home.

If you're talking about the two at the "B" pillar on both sides no it's not. This bracket is 4 inches wide. The brackets at the "B" pillar for mounting the 1/4 trim panel is narrower than this one.

Thanks though

Dave

Btw, my second guess is the hood latch radiator support area... still need to check

You know out of all the parts I purchased I was leaning toward the fact that it did indeed come with the Hood latch support but I cannot see anywhere that it would bolt on. The old one that I mentioned I had also has a bolt and clip nut in the side with the single hole in the middle if that helps. They are two holes on the hood latch support that are close but not quite they are off by about 1/4 inch. But why a bracket would bolt there I'm not sure. Could it be a bracket related to something on the grill?

Dave

Edited by det0326

Had mine apart COMPLETELY and don't recall seeing those.

I'm beginning to think your right, I cannot find anywhere these would go on a fastback. As I said in my first post I have an old one that came with the fastback in a box of parts but it was a mixed bunch of parts with coupe parts also. The guys that posted above that said it was for the 1/4 window on a coupe maybe right because I never worked on a coupe before so I couldn't tell you. This new piece that I posted a pic of came with some sheet metal that I purchased from Kentucky mustang but I wonder if someone dropped it or knocked it off in the box by mistake or something.

Dave

Yes

Bottom support and adjuster for qtr window tracks

Bob

etel64 and Rsanter you guys are spot on thanks for the lead I found this part on ebay and your right it is for the coupe 1/4 window mounting for a 1964 to 1968 I'm guessing the 69 and 70 coupe is different. Anyway that mystery solved. :clap: The other mystery is how did I end up with a new 64 to 68 coupe part in an order for a 69 mustang fastback? Anybody that knows anyone that needs one it can be had for the price of shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-1965-1966-1967-1968-Mustang-Cougar-Quarter-Glass-Window-Bracket-Carlite-/130910913078?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1966%7CModel%3AMustang&hash=item1e7ae60236&vxp=mtr

Thanks for all you guys help

Dave