Sign in to follow this  
Glenn83

Afr 205 headers

Does anyone know if the dougs mid length 1-3/4 primary headers will work with 408w-afr205 heads with slightly raised exhaust ports, if not got any recommendations on some good headers??

I run Accufab headers on my AFR 205's. The headers use the wider bolt pattern. I got the headers plain steel and had them coated after I "adjusted" them for my scatter shield and welded collector rings on them.

header1.jpg

header.jpg

Thanks. They were helpful and very easy to deal with.

Maxium, they are very nice looking header and its great they dropped right in....

My experience with accufab is completely opposite. At the time I bought accufab headers, I had a completely stock (Bell housing, motor mounts etc) setup 351w except AFR205 heads. I had to wait like 8 weeks for the header and then they would not fit unless at least three tubes were basically replaced. Accufab wanted me to pay $$ and shipping to have them fixed. George at Accufab said they were custom and he wouldn't take them back. What a total D++k. I had to have visa go after him for a credit. After research these headers I came to the conclusion they were made for 65 /66 351w conversion. Apparently he thought that if they fit a 65 they should fit a 70. If you have a problem with accufab consider it to be a total loss, use your visa to protect yourself and document everything. Accufab is worst supplier I have ever worked with. I would buy FPA header any day, great fit, quality and customer service.

Maxium, they are very nice looking header and its great they dropped right in....

My experience with accufab is completely opposite. At the time I bought accufab headers, I had a completely stock (Bell housing, motor mounts etc) setup 351w except AFR205 heads. I had to wait like 8 weeks for the header and then they would not fit unless at least three tubes were basically replaced. Accufab wanted me to pay $$ and shipping to have them fixed. George at Accufab said they were custom and he wouldn't take them back. What a total D++k. I had to have visa go after him for a credit. After research these headers I came to the conclusion they were made for 65 /66 351w conversion. Apparently he thought that if they fit a 65 they should fit a 70. If you have a problem with accufab consider it to be a total loss, use your visa to protect yourself and document everything. Accufab is worst supplier I have ever worked with. I would buy FPA header any day, great fit, quality and customer service.

I hear ya. But on the flip side of the coin, the FPA headers I bought before the Accufab headers didn't fit and I had to send them back. I will say Stan at FPA was easy to deal with for me. But I have heard others have issues with him.