Sign in to follow this  
70fastbak

Mach 1 wheels

Many folks use them, they should fit fine with a one inch space on the front. Depends on your ride height. I had them for mine, till I bought some 2011 Mustang GT 18x8. However my fender lips are rolled and the car is lower.

Bob

Edited by RPM

I've had 'em on my car since '05. Had to use a 1" spacer to get them to fit. Tires are 245/45s.

Dark Buddha your car has the perfect stance. The wheels fit very well.

Dark Buddha your car has the perfect stance. The wheels fit very well.

Thanks for the compliment, but I actually think it needs to be dropped another inch in front, and a couple in the back.

The rears are OK with no spacer?

Can you squeeze the deep dish mach 1's on the rear or is that not happening with our cars.

I'm running 1" spacers front AND rear. I think some folks used up to 1.25" spacers. I really just depends on what tires you want to run and how flush you want them.

Car looks good with the mach 1's.

Thanks for the pic.

Thanks and you're welcome. I'm a fan of these wheels, especially on the '70 Mach 1 because they pick up the argent from the rockers and the shine of the aluminum trim at the top of the rockers, and they're not chrome. I actually first try to buy a set of new take-offs the week after the '03 Mach 1s hit the streets, but the deal fell through. I ended up waiting until I scored this set in '05 (with good tires) for $200.

Thanks for the compliment, but I actually think it needs to be dropped another inch in front, and a couple in the back.

I'm running 1" spacers front AND rear. I think some folks used up to 1.25" spacers. I really just depends on what tires you want to run and how flush you want them.

Thanks and you're welcome. I'm a fan of these wheels, especially on the '70 Mach 1 because they pick up the argent from the rockers and the shine of the aluminum trim at the top of the rockers, and they're not chrome. I actually first try to buy a set of new take-offs the week after the '03 Mach 1s hit the streets, but the deal fell through. I ended up waiting until I scored this set in '05 (with good tires) for $200.

Are you running 245 on all corners?

The rears are OK with no spacer?

Can you squeeze the deep dish mach 1's on the rear or is that not happening with our cars.

Until recently I've been running the 17x9 Mach 1 knock offs on the rear with 275s and no spacer. Fit is excellent.

I'm in the process of changing out to a full floating rear with an overall width of 58.25 so I can run 18x11s and 315s. I'm grafting new inner wheel housings on to the existing ones to move them in just 1/2" on each side.

Until recently I've been running the 17x9 Mach 1 knock offs on the rear with 275s and no spacer. Fit is excellent.

I'm in the process of changing out to a full floating rear with an overall width of 58.25 so I can run 18x11s and 315s. I'm grafting new inner wheel housings on to the existing ones to move them in just 1/2" on each side.

I was thinking on doing the same thing but I decided to just stick with original size wheel tubs.

Just put in new outer wheel houses with new quarters so just wondering what I can get away with back there.

Are the 9" deep dish ?

I know the 10.5" are deep dish but I doubt that setup will go on a stock 70 wheel tub.

Can you post up pics of your 9" mach 1's.

Are they the AFS knock offs ?

Yes you can.

So would those be the same backspacing as the AFS 10.5" mach 1 rims.

Now im thinking I want to go with the 10.5.

Looks really good, what size tires are you running?

I do have 2" lowering springs for my car not sure if that might change anything.

I can roll my lip if needed.