Sign in to follow this  
69convert

WTB: C8OE-B Fan and Clutch

I am looking for a C8OE-B fan and C8OE-B fan clutch for my 1969 Mustang with a 390. If you have either of these for sale, please let me now their condition and how much you're asking. Some pics would be great too. Thanks.

Have you tried Mansfield Mustang. Bill specializes in FE cars and I've picked up a number of parts from him for my 69 390 project. For my fan I found them separately and had to have my clutch rebuilt. Took almost 18 months by Fred Oliva so I would look elsewhere if you are in a hurry. Bills would be show quality, but his prices are reasonable.

http://mansfieldmustang.com/EngineHBC.html

Have you tried Mansfield Mustang. Bill specializes in FE cars and I've picked up a number of parts from him for my 69 390 project. For my fan I found them separately and had to have my clutch rebuilt. Took almost 18 months by Fred Oliva so I would look elsewhere if you are in a hurry. Bills would be show quality, but his prices are reasonable.

http://mansfieldmustang.com/EngineHBC.html

Thanks SunnDogg. I'll give them a call. I also heard Fred Olivia does a great job restoring the fan clutches but is slow.

Thanks Jeff. I would like an original but might have to get a repro if need be. CJ Pony Parts couldn't tell me who made their fan. From the research I have done the West Coast Classic Cougar fan is an exact reproduction except for the Ford logo stamped on each blade. If I had to buy a new fan, I would go with WCCC.

Thanks Jeff. I would like an original but might have to get a repro if need be. CJ Pony Parts couldn't tell me who made their fan. From the research I have done the West Coast Classic Cougar fan is an exact reproduction except for the Ford logo stamped on each blade. If I had to buy a new fan, I would go with WCCC.

I got the same fan from CJ Pony Parts during one of their 20% off sales. It is the reproduction without the FOMOCO symbol, so probably the same one the West Coast Classic Cougar sells. If you look on the 428 Cobra Jet web site (http://www.428cobrajet.org/id-fan-clutch), there are a couple aftermarket fan clutches that should work with this fan. I got the one for the 69 from NAPA, and I can say it bolts up no issues. However, I am months away from first start on the rebuild of my engine so I can't say how good it actually works.

I may have exactly what you need if I didn't toss it.

I got it from a local mustang guy in an effort to cool a friends 351 that was having heating issues and he didnt know what it came off of but it had more blades and was a good bit bigger than the standard 351 fan by a substantial margin which I found out when I tried to stuff it into a stock 351 Shroud lol.

I will look this evening

I may have exactly what you need if I didn't toss it.

I got it from a local mustang guy in an effort to cool a friends 351 that was having heating issues and he didnt know what it came off of but it had more blades and was a good bit bigger than the standard 351 fan by a substantial margin which I found out when I tried to stuff it into a stock 351 Shroud lol.

I will look this evening

Thanks MikeStang. Please let me know if you find it.

I got the same fan from CJ Pony Parts during one of their 20% off sales. It is the reproduction without the FOMOCO symbol, so probably the same one the West Coast Classic Cougar sells. If you look on the 428 Cobra Jet web site (http://www.428cobrajet.org/id-fan-clutch), there are a couple aftermarket fan clutches that should work with this fan. I got the one for the 69 from NAPA, and I can say it bolts up no issues. However, I am months away from first start on the rebuild of my engine so I can't say how good it actually works.

Thanks for the info Jeff.

Edited by 69convert