Sign in to follow this  
truesteve

A pillar trim fit

Any ideas out there as to why my fiberglass A pillar trim fits so bad (69 sportsroof)? When looking through the front windshield there is a 1/2 inch gap between the window and the trim And a 3/8 in gap on the door side. I am using the stock mounting holes, I even tried to trim the ends to see if it would sit any closer, no luck. Is the window rubber supposed to protrude (1/2) on the inside of the window area to take up the gap? I tried to push the center in to reduce the gap, and of course cracked it. Is it supposed to look that crappy? I'll try and take photos tonight and post them.

Thanks for the OE/OEM information. I'll try to locate a pair of OE/OEM's from a 69 fastback/sportsroof.

Has anyone tried the plastic set with guage openings? I could always use more info on what's happening under the hood.

Also anyone know of a guage housing that sits in place of the stock dash speaker area? It's a large enough area to hold 2 - 2 1/8 guages angled toward the driver. Have 6 guages, would love 10. If I can't find one, maybe I'll fab one from fiberglass

No one makes them for the speaker area. You'd have to fab something. I've seen people put them where the factory vent hole is for an AC dash pad. But for the speaker area, you could go with something like this.

http://www.simcoaftermarket.com/assets/images/products/2027_guagepod/2027-702.jpg

I opted to keep the speaker when I did mine and go with three individual pods.