Coupe

69 coupe drag build

Hey guys, new here just wanted to post my progress somewhere.

Bought the car 12/7/11 when i was about 16 for 800$. Building the car on min wage is pretty tough so its been a long process, but has came a long way. Its been my dream car since i was a kid, always thought they were the end all. Father raced a lot in bracket racing with a 68 firebird 400, so he's been teaching me the ropes. No mommy and daddy money here though so had to cut corners where i could :).

The engine:

331 stroker all forged internals

bored 40 over

procomp aluminum heads 60cc 190 runners ported and polish with a good amount of work done to them

Rollin thunder cam .576 lift int and .584 exh (If i remember correctly)

MSD stuff

Weiland stealth intake

Ebay 1 3/4 headers

600 cfm holley (Going to rebuild a 650 demon soon)

probably missing stuff

Trans:

Recently blew it up at irwindale (stock C4)

Transpack

I have it in pieces in the garage at the moment putting together the broader performance 500+ HP kit

3200 TCI street fighter converter

Deep pan

Trans cooler

Drivetrain:

Car originally came with 2.70 8 inch, so i took a ford explorer 8.8 3.73 posi and re-positioned the spring perches, works great! Even used the aluminum drive shaft :) and took a yoke from a fox body

Mickey Thompson Et radials 235s

Suspension:

NONE! So much hop and wrap! Ill post some pics on the dents in the tunnel... Going to run some Summit Racing drag shocks 3 ways

and lake wood slappers ( dont wanna drop almost 400 for caltraks)

I'm in college right now for premed so i don't have a lot of time to fiddle ( or pay for stuff) at the moment so its just sitting in the garage waiting for summer. It should be able to hit 11s in the quarter.

Go with Meir Racing leaf springs. They're forward stacked to stop axle wrap-up. I had horrible wheel hop with my 69 - I bought traction bars, but then a leaf buckled before I could install them, so I stepped up to the Meir units. Completely eliminated my wheel hop! I never had to install the traction bars.