Sign in to follow this  
Jimjific

Survey To Help With Decision

Hello All,

At somewhat of a crossroads on how to move forward on my projects so I figured I'd ask you for your opinion. Now, I understand that some, well maybe most of you, will be biased since this is a mustang site. Here's my two dilemma/options.

- If you don't know, I have a 69 med winter blue metalic fastback, 302, AT, AC (not working). I have put PDB in it as well as a rack and coil overs. Car handles great but it is nothing special in the quarter mile dept.

- I also have sitting in my barn a no rust Dark Green 68 XR-7 GT "S" code Cougar. The car needs a new engine which I have a block for and it also needs to be restored. The interior is stripped out but I have everything but the console and steering wheel.

So the question is, if you had to keep one car, which one would you keep? I could sell the Mustang and use the money to build the Cougar (My plan was to stroke the engine to 427) or sell the Cougar and build a motor for the stang. I like to think I could do both but reality is with room and now also having a 69 C-10, the Cougar is just going to be a barn find for someone some day. I love the Mustang, but going to a show with a true "S" code Cougar would be pretty awesome.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Jim

wow thats a tough one. I like the winter blue color. I think it depend on weather you like the looks of the cougar. 390 engines are dime a dozen if you are taking that into account. You could buy any ford fe engine to throw in there. I probably would do a boss or cobrajet resto mod with that mustang and sell the cougar.

I know I love my 69 stang, but I am also partial to the S code cars. The cougar would be much different car to build and show up with.

I just rebuilt the FE in mine, and they are not cheap to build. For the same amount of money I could have alot more power with a windsor based motor, but I wanted to stay somewhat true to the s code and stayed that route. And you just dont see too many of them.

If you are looking for power, sell the cougar and build the stang. If you want different build the cougar.

Hard decision for sure.

I love FE's, too bad the stang isn't the S code. However, I'd keep the Mustang. If it's power you want, put a 408 stroker Windsor in it. The Mustang will always be cooler, easier to sell, and worth more (at least to me). Enjoy the Mustang and all the fun it brings :)

Bob

I agree mustang will sell faster and have more value. S-code fords are the not the best things in the world. I have a 69 mach project (all my cars are project lol) that I will do in a few years that will be restomoded. Not sure how but putting a 390 will not be happening lol. It has about 4 or 5 cars that are getting resto before it unless I decide to sell it. I bought it because it came with a bunch of parts for a good price.

I'd be more inclined to go with the style of car you like the best instead of which motor is cooler. I mean anybody can put a FE in any car, and sure that may raise the cool factor somewhat. But forget the engine and keep the "car" that finds a place in your heart. I have an FE in mine, but a nice small block stroker in the stang would be way cool, and much more user friendly!