Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

235/60/15 or 245/60/15 up front

I am still struggling with wheels sizes,backspacing and tire sizes for the front of my 1969 Mach 1.

Any pictures and info on either a 235/60/15 on a 7 or 8 inch wheel with backspacing up front and same for 245/60/15.

I will 100% stick with a 15" wheel.

Much appreciated!

I am running 235's on 7 inch wheels (3.5 bs) up front and 245's on 8 inch wheels (4.5 bs) on the rear. I have Magnum 500 wheels. My car is lowered two inches in the front and rear and these tires fill the wheel wells. I would not go any larger.

i have several pictures of people running 245/60 and 235/60 on the front with 15X7. I don't know the backspacing chosen (guessing they are probably using the typical aftermarket spacing of the magnum (4.25"?).

pm your email address to me if interested. they are bigger files.

I had 235/60/15 with a Jegs Prostar look a like aluminum rim 15x8 w 4.5 bs that fit.

I then tried the same 235 with a Magnum steel rim 15x7 w 4.25 bs. The tire was about an 1/8" from the upper ball joint. I didn't feel comfortable with that because I wasn't sure if it wasn't going to hit on wheel travel. Since I kept the magnum, I went with a 215/65/70 tire.

I'm running 235/60's on 15 x 7 Magnums up front. No problems. If you do the "Shelby" drop though, you do have to watch out for the wheels not being centered do to the increase in forward mounting of the upper arm. It can be corrected with a shim on the forward stud that mounts the arm. I owe Prayers1 a measurement to the ball joint. It's just been too cold to want to do anything on the car.

Jim