Sign in to follow this  

upper rad bracket for those with 24" rads

my oem rad finally crapped out and after getting a shitty drake rad, i got a champion ec338, fitiminet is great, but it seems the scott drake aluminum radiator bracket doesnt seem to fit right pushes the radiator too far in and doesnt really seem to clear the overflow nipple. for those with upgraded radiators, what did you use for the upper bracket?

I recently upgraded my 20 inch to a champion 24 inch. I had to buy new lower and upper brackets. The lowers were a pain and I had to massage to get them to attach to the frame correctly.

When I tried to mount the upper bracket with the rubber insulators, no way it was going to fit--radiator was too wide. I ended up tossing the insulators and putting about 10 coats of plasti dip on the mating surface. Fits like a glove.

I didnt have any issues with the overflow nipple. A pic would help.

The problem not in the brackets, but in the aftermarket radiators. When we developed our radiator I cut the front end off of a Mustang and sent it and the upper and lower bracket to the manufacturer to make sure we had a perfect fit. I also recessed the neck to keep it from hitting the underside of the hood.