Sign in to follow this  
Jimjific

My Dream Car

Just saw this one on e-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Boss-429-1969-boss-429-/171219468169?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27dd79bf89&item=171219468169&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

This has always been my dream car including the color. It's even built just 3 days after I was born. Well, until I become a multimillionaire, I'll have to stick with Ol' Blue.

Jim

I actually have a story about e-bay and a Boss 429. Back around 2000 when e-bay was new and fun to look at, I used to look at Mustangs all the time. Whenever a Boss 429 became available (They used to sell for just over $100K back then) I would bid around 30-40K and be the high bidder and tell the wife I am the current owner of a Boss 429 just for fun. Knowing full well that either the reserve wasn't met or I would be outbid anyway. If I wasn't, I surely would have scrounged up $30K to pay for one in a hart beat.

Anyway, one day the wife is on e-bay and see's a Boss 429 and asks should she bid our typical $30K on it. I say sure go ahead. So she goes ahead and bids but accidentally adds an extra zero making our max bid $300K. Needless to say we were the high bidder and would most likely win the car. The panic in my wife's face was priceless and I still get a good chuckle at it today. She was affraid to do anything with e-bay for quite a while after that. I guess it's funny now that that bid wouldn't win this car today.

Jim

Seems that there is another one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Boss-429-15-000-original-documented-miles-/281253658756?forcerrptr=true&hash=item417c064084&item=281253658756&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

This ones a bargain since it is 100K cheaper. Interesting that the motor got destroyed with so little miles. It must have seen some quarter miles. Also, there is a good shot of the backside of the hood scoop. Pretty bad fit. It doesn't look like they tried to contour it at to match the hood details.

Jim