Sign in to follow this  
THE EVIL TW1N

Building 427w stroker, need help with some details

Sounds like me. I drive mine pretty well every day that the weather is good.

It's this one.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1235/overview/

What carb are you running on your set up? That part number you provided says the air cleaner is for a Dual 2/3/4 Barrel with 5 1/8" diameter.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1236/applications

This one says for Single 2/3/4 Barrel with 5 1/8" diameter. Are these two basically the same? Sorry, excuse my ignorance.

Also, any carb spacer?

Edited by THE EVIL TW1N

What carb are you running on your set up? That part number you provided says the air cleaner is for a Dual 2/3/4 Barrel with 5 1/8" diameter.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1236/applications

This one says for Single 2/3/4 Barrel with 5 1/8" diameter. Are these two basically the same? Sorry, excuse my ignorance.

Also, any carb spacer?

Ha! Good catch. Your link is the correct one. Mine is a Pro Systems carburetor. It's a Holly 950HP, and I don't run a spacer, but I have a nitrous plate.

Ha! Good catch. Your link is the correct one. Mine is a Pro Systems carburetor. It's a Holly 950HP, and I don't run a spacer, but I have a nitrous plate.

Thanks, makes it much easier when someone else has already done much of the legwork :flowers:

The heads came in today

IMG_7261_zpsd510aa58.jpg

Is that a vic jr intake?? If so what distributor are you using? Also where your fuel line joins in the middle and it's attached to the water pump, what's that part called??

Very nice job by the way!!

Is that a vic jr intake?? If so what distributor are you using? Also where your fuel line joins in the middle and it's attached to the water pump, what's that part called??

Very nice job by the way!!

Thanks.

Yes it's a Victor Jr. intake and running a Mallory Unilite distributor. As for the piece between the fuel lines, that's just the fuel filter. I used a 1" conduit clamp (Lowes/Home Depot) to attach it to the water pump.

Ok, still in the process of installing this thing... Anyways, with those with similar setups, what kind of cooling fan are you running? I don't have much space at all from the tip of the water pulley to the radiator. I have roughly 2.5-2.75 of space. I can do some cutting to buy me some space, but just wondering how everyone else solved this issue. Thanks.

Look at SPAL electric fans. They are VERY slim, and move a ton of air.

They can also be mounted on the back, or front side, of the Radiator. Many street rod builders use them due to their versatility, and effectiveness. I have a twin SPAL fan setup on my stroker's radiator.

Edited by Powershift