Sign in to follow this  
THE EVIL TW1N

Building 427w stroker, need help with some details

Ok, the shortblock is already getting built by CHP.

Basically, the engine will be an TFS 205 11R head/C4 combo making ~525ish hp.

1. What headers would you guys recommend?

2. What fuel pump?

3. I'm guessing fuel line will be -8an (I haven't fully researched). Do they sell an aftermarket fuel sender that I can swap in?

I'm sure there are other questions that will come up. Thanks in advance.

Edited by THE EVIL TW1N

I would think -6 would be large enough for fuel line.:

http://www.gre6.com/ansize

You do not need to run head studs unless the short block was honed with studs & torque plates. You would need to talk to the builder to understand what was done during the build. If it was not honed with torque plates then I guess it does not matter if you use bolts or studs. The block should be honed with torque plates regardless if studs or bolts are being utilized.

I would think -6 would be large enough for fuel line.:

http://www.gre6.com/ansize

You do not need to run head studs unless the short block was honed with studs & torque plates. You would need to talk to the builder to understand what was done during the build. If it was not honed with torque plates then I guess it does not matter if you use bolts or studs. The block should be honed with torque plates regardless if studs or bolts are being utilized.

I called CHP, yes they do run torque plates and recommend studs.

Also, combo has changed. I called AFR, couldn't get a hold of them. Was trying to confirm if the 205's come with solid roller valve train. Looking around on dealers websites, it looked like it did. That would explain the .700 lift. So I'm just gonna run the TFS 205 11R since I've always liked their heads (ran TW heads before on a SB, also on a BBF) and already come with the right hardware.

Edited my original post.

Were bolts or studs used then it was honed, studs or bolts? If they used bolts when honing you should use bolts torqued to the same as they torqued.

I called CHP, yes they do run torque plates and recommend studs.

Also, combo has changed. I called AFR, couldn't get a hold of them. Was trying to confirm if the 205's come with solid roller valve train. Looking around on dealers websites, it looked like it did. That would explain the .700 lift. So I'm just gonna run the TFS 205 11R since I've always liked their heads (ran TW heads before on a SB, also on a BBF) and already come with the right hardware.

Edited my original post.

Would the stock sending unit be tough to modify, or is it just worth it to just get the RobbMC sending unit? $206 shipped isn't too bad, just wondering. And I still haven't figured out the fuel pump I'm going to run, but I do want to stick with a mechanical one.

Edited by THE EVIL TW1N

We tried to modify mine, and it's tough because it's basically lot metal. We didn't have much success.

Got it. What air cleaner set up are you running? and did you need motor mounts that lowered the engine to fit the Vic Jr intake?

Is Ron Morris (RMP) the only company that offers lowering motor mounts?

My brother ran a claysmiths fuel pump on his 533 BBF. He originally ran a return line but later removed it since he felt he didn't need it. He said a bunch of people over at fordmuscle forums said it isn't really necessary. I don't know much on fuel systems, so I'll probably be calling Holley regarding their 170gph HP fuel pump. Says you don't have to run a fuel pressure regulator (built in). Not even sure if its overkill for my set up tho.

Got it. What air cleaner set up are you running? and did you need motor mounts that lowered the engine to fit the Vic Jr intake?

Is Ron Morris (RMP) the only company that offers lowering motor mounts?

I don't run a return line. Mine is a deadhead into a magnafuel regulator block. One regulator goes to the carburetor, and one goes to the nitrous.

I got my air cleaner idea from Maxum96. It works great, but I don't drive it in the rain. I used stock motor mounts, and was bound a determined to use my stock hood and factory Mach 1 scoop.

398A6C21-96D2-4DD1-8805-1A5C05A88BF8-2654-0000023251895B24_zpsf4c02a65.jpg

dadd238d.jpg

DaHOOD2.jpg

DaHOOD3.jpg

Edited by sportsroof69

Hey guys, thanks for the help so far. I've been putting in a ton of hours at work so I haven't had much time. Thanks for the suggestion on the fuel sender, got mine in from RobbMc.

IMG_7258_zpsf2d5d2fa.jpg

Pretty cool piece. Still have a lot to order, let alone install. I did call Holley, they said it shouldn't be necessary to run a return line with my application.

I don't run a return line. Mine is a deadhead into a magnafuel regulator block. One regulator goes to the carburetor, and one goes to the nitrous.

I got my air cleaner idea from Maxum96. It works great, but I don't drive it in the rain. I used stock motor mounts, and was bound a determined to use my stock hood and factory Mach 1 scoop.

398A6C21-96D2-4DD1-8805-1A5C05A88BF8-2654-0000023251895B24_zpsf4c02a65.jpg

dadd238d.jpg

DaHOOD2.jpg

DaHOOD3.jpg

What air cleaner did you run? I was planning on doing the same, the car is not going to be driven a whole lot outside of nice days. Especially not in the rain (not that it's going to be garaged, I just have a more comfortable daily driver for comfort).

Edited by THE EVIL TW1N