Great looking car, congrats. The wheels look great on it.

I had this issue on my 70 Mach 1, and I noticed it in your pictures regarding the rear spoiler. It looks to be mounted backwards on the brackets and the angle is currently matching the roofline, which will cause you handling issues on the road at highway speeds. As air flow comes over the roofline, it will lift up on the back end as it comes under the rear spoiler (these are truly functional spoilers), making it feel like the car is floating.

In order to get the proper angle, I had to turn the spoiler the other way on the brackets, and once I flipped the spoiler around, it handled so much better. Air flow coming over the roof line then pushed down on the back of the car.

Here is a before and 2 after pics of my spoiler...

Good luck with the car, it is looking great!

Edited by 69Tool

A little update on the dream 69 lol. I wanted to strengthen up the shock tower by adding those Boss shocker tower brace. What a pita it was because of all the cleaning u got to do just to get the 40 plus years of dirty and trash off plus it was hard to weld the button part due to me having the u a on. It was worth it tho since my shock towers are in good shape I mines as well keep it that way. I also changed the front springs and upper ball joints but the funny thing is the driver side has a 3 bolt ball joint and the passenger side has a 4 bolt upper ball joint.

20140420_194439_zps51edmmsa.jpg

20140421_170425_zps3aonmdr0.jpg

Edited by 70Nightmare

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Well i got the front back together and took the stang for a drive then came back home. When I came out the car I saw smoke coming from the rear wheel. The e brake is off so I'm not to sure what will be smoking. What do u guys think it might be?

20140427_183412_zps9yy59vtw.jpg

20140427_184147_zpsjtnyibru.jpg

Edited by 70Nightmare

My dads coupe had a similar problem, when you took the handbrake off, the rear drums use to stick on. A quick tap with the accelator pedal would free them up, also like darkbuddha mentioned have a look at your rear drums.

You may have a leaking rear cylinder mate.

Axle seal, rear brakes and wheel cylinders were replaced. I also noticed that the rear drum on the driver side is a lot hotter then the passenger side. I kinda narrow it down to 2 things either the brake is stuck like darkbudda said or some of the Rubberized Undercoating got on the hub. Today I was going to take off the wheels to see how the rear brakes look and one of the lock nut threads got shredded. I didn't feel like messing with it anymore lol got to love old cars.

Edited by 70Nightmare

Update on brake problem.I found out why my rear driver side drum brake was hotter then my passenger side. The problem is every time I engage the E-brake and release it the rear drum on the driver side gets unlined and its touching the drum so I cant use my E-brake until I get that fix any ideas guys and it only does it on the driver side rear.

Edited by 70Nightmare

I also got to repairing my cowl area. What I did was cut out the damage and rusted area in the cowl area. I use the cowl brace panel I got from cj pony parts and I cut it to the size of rusted area and then I did a small spot weld to make sure everything lined up which did accept I had the plate like half an inch to close to the firewall so I had to cut some of the washer off so it will be flushed with the shock tower brace. It would be a lot easier to do this repair if the engine was out but since I`m a skinny guy I could work around it but it still was a pita. I still need to do some touch up on it so it will look factory.

20140517_170844_zpshp8gmvdh.jpg20140517_172800_zpsyxvttmkh.jpg20140517_172807_zpsbg7tqmdy.jpg

20140517_180606_zpsddzlprb7.jpg

20140517_190638_zpsavjdbpyr.jpg

20140517_200210_zps22e7up6m.jpg

Edited by 70Nightmare

The springs have been replaced. Here are some pics of what happens when I hit the brakes or the e brake. U can see the brake shoes on the left is out of place. A friend of mines said to check out the adjustments pin on the passenger side. He said it mighty have been put on the wrong side20140519_131336_zpsumolizlb.jpg20140519_131345_zpsyqzdavix.jpg

Edited by 70Nightmare

For starters you have the primary and secondary shoe springs backwards ( the ones on top ) Can't really see whats going on with the bottom.

PS fix the pics on your last post, they really are making it hard to read this page now lol

Edited by stangnet33

For starters you have the primary and secondary shoe springs backwards ( the ones on top ) Can't really see whats going on with the bottom.

PS fix the pics on your last post, they really are making it hard to read this page now lol

O ok so i need to swap the blue and yellow spring around. I will take some pics of the bottom this weekend. Lol sorry for the extra pics stuff.

Update on the 69 haven't been driving it in awhile been busy. I did get the rear floor pans done and also did the 3 point retractable seat belt conversion.

20140616_113143_zpsnugisjgk.jpgURL=http://s222.photobucket.com/user/wiz998/media/20140602_124332_zpsia2nnrkz.jpg.html]20140602_124332_zpsia2nnrkz.jpg[/url]URL=http://s222.photobucket.com/user/wiz998/media/20140602_115405_zpslg9tx4zx.jpg.html]20140602_115405_zpslg9tx4zx.jpg[/url]20140616_201343_zpseeef6sas.jpg

Looks almost exactly like my rear pan. I cut mine in the same spot just need to finish trimming the replacement. These things always take me longer than expected. Good work! Nothing like knowing you aren't going to fall through your car floor getting in.

Looks almost exactly like my rear pan. I cut mine in the same spot just need to finish trimming the replacement. These things always take me longer than expected. Good work! Nothing like knowing you aren't going to fall through your car floor getting in.

Lol your right about that

Still have that weird brake problem. Whenever I hit the e-brake this happens to my rear brake but it only happnes to the driver rear. Here is a video of what I'm talking Watch "1969 mustang" on YouTube

1969 mustang:

Edited by 70Nightmare