Sign in to follow this  
mjgraniero

Trunk Letter Template

I'm ready to install the mustang letters on my trunk lid and was wondering if anyone had used an adhesive template to identify hole location/drill holes (there are none on my lid). I was thinking the easiest way to get the locations correct would be an adhesive template that would stick to the lid and mark the holes, rather than measuring, using a level, etc. seems to me a template would be the safest method but I'm open to any other suggestions. Any help out there is greatly appreciated.

Mike

You need to find someone who has the holes but hasnt re-installed the letters yet. I would take a piece of tracing paper and then tape to the bottom lip of the trunk and mark each hole....there's your template.

I just pushed my new emblems on a couple of months ago.

Any mustang restoration shops near you? They might have a 69 they are restoring and could do it for you.

Mike, I have a 69 Coupe that has the letter holes in the trunk & I have not put the letters on yet, or will not be for a while.

Mike- could I convince you to make a template for me? Using a long sheet of construction paper can be folded and mailed to me without much cost involved. Unless you have other suggestions. Also, my car is a sports roof. Not sure if the trunk lid is different on the two. If it is, thanks for the help though. I should have mentioned it in the original post.

Mike

Mike,

The only thing I have is graph paper or printer paper, I could tape 3 sheets end to end & tape it to the bottom edge of the trunk & mark the holes from there. Do you want me to punch holes in the paper where the letter holes are or just do a rubbing of the holes?. Let me know & PM me your address & I will mail it out to you tomorrow. If you look in the attached pic you can see the letter holes in the trunk.

Mike.

100_0528_zpsf6e1b844.jpg