Sign in to follow this  
69volunteer

Tach Conversion

Who have people used to upgrade their original tach? The Tachman is who I have heard about but wonder if there are others.

He's charging $245 to upgrade to a 3 wire system. I am using the AAW wire harness so no original wiring left.

This guy has been recommended to me in the past, and I used one of his 67 mini tach's to replace the fake clock before. Was all good. He does conversions for 69-70 mustang tach's - don't let the Cougar stuff scare you off. Probably best to give him a call and let him know how you plan on wiring into the AAW harness. Scroll down the page for mustang tach's.

http://www.rccinnovations.com/index.php?show=menu-tach-all

The original Ford tach mechanism is a stone age design. I had VDO internals installed by redline Gauge Works. The needle is on zero when off and it works great. One trigger wire for CD ignition hook up. DO IT!

The original Ford tach mechanism is a stone age design. I had VDO internals installed by redline Gauge Works. The needle is on zero when off and it works great. One trigger wire for CD ignition hook up. DO IT!

Do you remember what you paid?

Alan_Mac, looked trough your pictures, that is one clean pony you got there. I like the mods, I have a lot of them myself :wink:. In particular I have the Crane HI-6 / Crane IR optical distributor. I've tried to email redline a few times about a conversion for my tach, but they don't respond my emails. Could be because I'm not in the US. Anyways, nice car, real eye candy.

Thanks for the great complements, This winter my mach is getting new TMI door panels and a ball bearing setup for my clutch pedal. I just called Redline and the voice message said they are open from 8:30 to 4:30 pm pst. Give them a call. I can call them for you if you want me to help out. Alan