Sign in to follow this  
craigm

Axle snubber flange location

I am installing a TCI rear torque arm suspension in my fastback. The panard bar brackets are mounted immediately behind the axle snubber flange. The problem is the rear frame rails have been replaced and I can't find the exact location of the bracket. Can anybody provide a measurement from the centerline of the rear leaf spring mount hole to the back of the snubber flange?

Sheesh, you would think that they would be symmetrical. Mine are a half inch off, which is consistent with everything else on the car. If I were you, I'd mount the bar to the axle then just make sure the bar is parallel to the axle.

Bob

quote=craigm; Detroit quality of the times! Could be measurement methods, are u guys measuring straight line or along the frame rail? Also, what is the width of the snubber flange?

I think 40 plus years of hard/high torque launches may have altered some of the alignments. Straight line measurements and 2" wide. Brian

I just measured my 69 mach1 and it is quiet a bit different. The passenger side measured 28 9/16 from the center of the rear leaf bolt to the edge of the bracket where it's attached to the frame. The drivers side measures 28 inches. As far as I know it's never been in an accident, replaced or rusted. My rear is installed with global west shackles so the bolt heads are preventing me to measure exact line. Hope a few more measure.

Start with the passenger’s side cross member channel bracket with the panard bar bracket welded on. Slide channel over the rail and push forward until the bracket touches the axle snubber flange. See arrow.

Start with the passenger’s side cross member channel bracket with the panard bar bracket welded on. Slide channel over the rail and push forward until the bracket touches the axle snubber flange. See arrow.

He doesn't have an axle snubber flange from which to measure.

Bob