Sign in to follow this  
det0326

rear seat steel panel

The attached image has a bracket near the bottom support bracket

for the rear seat steel panel. What is this bracket for, is it for the fold down seat only? The reason I need to know is my car had no interior

in it when I received it had already been stripped, and of course its a pain to try and figure out how to fit it all back. There could be a piece missing but I just don't see that there is anything that bolts to that bracket. I replaced the inner wheel housings where these brackets are welded to (one on each side) so if they are needed I will have to somehow locate where to weld them back on. Any help will be appreciated.

Dave

The attached image has a bracket near the bottom support bracket

for the rear seat steel panel. What is this bracket for, is it for the fold down seat only? The reason I need to know is my car had no interior

in it when I received it had already been stripped, and of course its a pain to try and figure out how to fit it all back. There could be a piece missing but I just don't see that there is anything that bolts to that bracket. I replaced the inner wheel housings where these brackets are welded to (one on each side) so if they are needed I will have to somehow locate where to weld them back on. Any help will be appreciated.

Dave

Couple of interior shots. 69 sport deck/fold down seat. Brian

You are referring to the one circled in the photo? Should be for one of the three lower attach points at bottom of large f/glass side panels

Yes Mike that is the bracket that you have circled. Does the fold down and non fold down both get this f/glass panel because if so I guess I am missing the panel. I have the fixed rear seat and since the interior was already removed when I got the car I'm not sure what all I need but I am finding out that more things are missing than I first thought.

Thanks for your info.

Dave

Det0326, What Mike has explained in his response is correct. You have this bracket for the panel regardless if the car is a fold down or non fold down type seat. The fiberglass panel that is attached here is the same whether its a fold down or no fold down as well.

Det0326, What Mike has explained in his response is correct. You have this bracket for the panel regardless if the car is a fold down or non fold down type seat. The fiberglass panel that is attached here is the same whether its a fold down or no fold down as well.

Wycked69 is this the panel that you and Mike speak of.

And the rear most hole is the one that is secured with that bracket.

Thanks Dave

det0326, Yes, that is the panel we are talking about

Thanks so much for the information. Also Wycked69 if I understand this right the most rearward hole in the panel is where this bracket will secure

the panel. I don't have these panels yet (I need to order them) I also found out that I don't even have the old ones . Also it is my understanding that since I don't have the fold down seat there will not be anything behind this quarter trim panel so I should be able to simply put it in place with the other brackets that are still on the car and be able to see where this bracket needs to marked so I can weld to wheel housing.

Hope I didn't confuse you as much as I confused myself but does this seem doable to you?