Sign in to follow this  
69shelbycoupe

4 speed toploader for sale or trade

Don't trade it for a T5. Your toploader is a much better tranny. The best t5 is only good for 330 pounds of torque. Sell it and put your money on a TKO tranny. My t5 only holds up to the beatings I give it cause I run a stock 5.0 motor putting out 250hp with 3.70 9" rear end in my 69 conv. I just bought a tko tranny for my soon engine upgrade to 425 hp.

Don't trade it for a T5. Your toploader is a much better tranny. The best t5 is only good for 330 pounds of torque. Sell it and put your money on a TKO tranny. My t5 only holds up to the beatings I give it cause I run a stock 5.0 motor putting out 250hp with 3.70 9" rear end in my 69 conv. I just bought a tko tranny for my soon engine upgrade to 425 hp.

I am well aware of the rating of the T5. I have broke several of them. I have also used the tko tremec. Needing an overdrive or switching to a higher gear like 3.55's is in order and I'm on a budget is the reason why. The 4.11's are a bit much for the street