Sign in to follow this  
Kris

auto seat back option?

Has anyone ever heard of an auto seat back option? I have a small wiring harness that came with some other 70 mustang stuff I got from a guy. He said he took it off his car when he pulled his heater and switched to a classic auto air setup. It has a relay on it with a plug attached to it with a orange wire, a red wire, and a black with white stripe. From what I can find online, this relay is showing to be a auto seat back option that will move the seat back forward when you open the door, but I have never heard of this. Any help would be appreciated. I will post pics of the harness in a bit. Thanks

None of them from what I know. From what I have found looking up the harness im not sure though. I saw a couple people selling the relay on this harness and they say it is for a 70 mustang with an auto seat back option. Supposedly it is where the seat folds forward when you open the door or something so you can easily acces the rear seat. I have never heard of anything like that. I originally thought it had something to do with the heater as it came as part of a heater box I purchased out of a 70 mustang mach 1 for a spare.

Indeed that is the seat back release harness. It was hooked up to the door ajar lights (Convenience Group Harness) so that when the door is opened and the door ajar lights come one, a signal is sent to the seat back relay which then activates the seat back release solenoids. The solenoids are in the seat and hooked to the seat back release lever. It pulls the lever each time the door opens, so that you simply have to push the seat back forward instead of bending over and using one hand to push the lever and the other pushing the seat back forward. The seat back solenoids were part of the Convenience Check Group, which also had a parking brake warning light, map light, trunk light, and a headlight warning and ignition key buzzer. All of those items were lumped into a complete harness separate from the underdash harness. The harness looks like the one in the picture I've attached. If you have that harness and want to sell, let me know

If you come across the seat back solenoids, I'd be very interested in purchasing them if they work.

I dont have that harness, just the part I pictures. I will sell that harness if you are interested as I have no need for it. Shoot me an offer.

Edited by Kris

Indeed that is the seat back release harness. It was hooked up to the door ajar lights (Convenience Group Harness) so that when the door is opened and the door ajar lights come one, a signal is sent to the seat back relay which then activates the seat back release solenoids. The solenoids are in the seat and hooked to the seat back release lever. It pulls the lever each time the door opens, so that you simply have to push the seat back forward instead of bending over and using one hand to push the lever and the other pushing the seat back forward. The seat back solenoids were part of the Convenience Check Group, which also had a parking brake warning light, map light, trunk light, and a headlight warning and ignition key buzzer. All of those items were lumped into a complete harness separate from the underdash harness. The harness looks like the one in the picture I've attached. If you have that harness and want to sell, let me know

If you come across the seat back solenoids, I'd be very interested in purchasing them if they work.

I was wondering why some e-brakes have switches, and looking to retrofit mine...have you ever seen the switch available a la carte?

The switches only came on ebrakes of cars that had the parking brake warning light. I've seen the switches for sale by themselves on ebay before, but weren't exactly cheap at around $50. You could also just buy the entire ebrake assembly: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-Ford-Mustang-Cougar-Mach-XR7-Eliminator-Emergency-Parking-Brake-Pedal-/221214894106?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33816f681a

Kris, I have no clue what the seat back harness is worth. Did you have a price in mind? Its not usable without the main convenience group harness or without the solenoids (which are the ones that are the hardest to find in working condition).