Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Need Pictures PLEASE of 1/4 Window Windlace

I'm referring to the piece that goes from the sill plate up to the 1/4 window weather strip and runs vertical to the interior panel.

The repo piece that I have makes it hard to tell which side is top or bottom, so my guess is that the end with the vee-notch goes on the curve towards the sill plate and the other end with the flap goes towards the 1/4 window rubber weather strip.

My problem is the flap end, how far does it go? Does the flap fold over and attach to the screw hole used for the 1/4 window weather strip or does it just lay flat. I've seen pictures of the original ones stopping about an inch or so before the 1/4 window weather strip and some just to the edge of it. when I install mine, it looks natural to attach the flap end to the 1/4 window weather strip.

So, which way do I go???

Pictures would be great, Thank you!

I'm referring to the piece that goes from the sill plate up to the 1/4 window weather strip and runs vertical to the interior panel.

The repo piece that I have makes it hard to tell which side is top or bottom, so my guess is that the end with the vee-notch goes on the curve towards the sill plate and the other end with the flap goes towards the 1/4 window rubber weather strip.

My problem is the flap end, how far does it go? Does the flap fold over and attach to the screw hole used for the 1/4 window weather strip or does it just lay flat. I've seen pictures of the original ones stopping about an inch or so before the 1/4 window weather strip and some just to the edge of it. when I install mine, it looks natural to attach the flap end to the 1/4 window weather strip.

So, which way do I go???

Pictures would be great, Thank you!

Little bit of help ? Brian

Mike & Brian - THANKS for the great pictures. During this type of restoration pictures always tell a better story.

Here's my delima:

In this photo you can see the flap I'm talking about as well as the screw hole for the 1/4 window trim. I was thinking of pulling the windlace all the way up and screwing the flap into the screw hole. However, Brians photo show anothe screw just for the windlace. I wonder if the PO did it.

InteriorInstall024_zpsf110291c.jpg

As for the second photo, you can see the gap better. I've seen original ones with this gap but no flap at the end. I wonder if I should tuck the flap under the windlace and screw it to the body, the over lap of the windlace will cover the screw.

It's not a major problem since I can always remove it and change positions, but I would like to get it done right the first time.

InteriorInstall023_zps8b9738c2.jpg

Prayers1

Just put on mine today (69 mach 1) I left the top tab under the rubber weather strip of the quarter window, no screw. I have looked at others and not seen the tab screwed in. Original didn't seem to have a screw. Rubber tab was just tucked under.

jrw69

prayers1

I will get pics. Also I will check on concourse forums with mca judge. Maybe screw was done at different assembly plants. My car was a Dearborn build. Brian's pics sure look to be original.

jrw69

Mike, I'm still searching for the right fitment. Since Brians picture showing the small set screw in the side, I've seen another picture as that. I wonder if its been an after thought?

As for the Quarter post windlace, I purchased my new set from CJ, it was the combined weather strip kit from Dan Carpenter. I am not inpressed with the quarter post. I also bought seperately the long 20' windlace, which was the concours one from CJ. It was made well and feels like a snake and grips tight. The quarter post doesn't grip tight as for the upper corner bend. Maybe thats why others used a set screw. I see Scott Drake offers a set. They don't cost too much and are easy to get to, so maybe will see.

I quickly scanned the Concours site and didn't see anything about the 1/4 windlace.

If anyone has an ideal of the proper fitment, Please advise!

Edited by prayers1

The drivers door trim part that I have has the top piece that screws on torn off. I'm buying a nice original pair from Scotty Strickland. He has a Mustang salvage yard. He or Chris Stage with VA Mustang might be able to help you if you don't like the fitment of the repo.