Sign in to follow this  
bluestang

Has anyone fitted 3-point seatbelts in the rear?

Hi Guys,

Has anyone fitted 3-point belts in the rear of their fastback?

California Mustang advertise some but I can't get a response from them as to how/where they are fitted.

http://www.cal-mustang.com/3-POINT-REAR-SEATBELT-KIT-64-73-CoupeConvFastback-Black-P34163C0.aspx

Or do any of you know of alternatives?

I'd prefer to have all the fixing points in place before we spray the car.

Cheers

Clive

There are also these, though they may be the same as the Cal Mustang ones you list.

I have not seen any right ups on how they install either.

Someone, either here or on VMF, used late model Mustang rear seat belts, a little modification to the interior braces, and installed rear belts. I just don't recall who or where. I am fairly certain it was a 67-70 fastback, though.

Chuck

There are also these, though they may be the same as the Cal Mustang ones you list.

I have not seen any right ups on how they install either.

Someone, either here or on VMF, used late model Mustang rear seat belts, a little modification to the interior braces, and installed rear belts. I just don't recall who or where. I am fairly certain it was a 67-70 fastback, though.

Chuck

Thanks for the info, good to know there's another company that supplies them, I'll do a bit more searching and see if i can find that thread you mention :thumbup:

Hi Clive,

My 69 Mustang Mach 1 has 3 point belts fitted in the rear and is currently residing at Phil K's garage so you are welcome to take a look. I think it's going to be there a few weeks getting the brakes sorted. This is the least I can do for you as you were very helpful this time last year in my search for a car.

Tony

Hi Clive,

My 69 Mustang Mach 1 has 3 point belts fitted in the rear and is currently residing at Phil K's garage so you are welcome to take a look. I think it's going to be there a few weeks getting the brakes sorted. This is the least I can do for you as you were very helpful this time last year in my search for a car.

Tony

Ha ha, wish I had known that, I was there yesterday will ask Phil if he can get some photos of how they are fitted.

Had confirmation from them that these belts won't work in the rear of a '69 fastback, only the coupe and convertible

Can you please share your findings here since it's a long drive to Phils.

Pictures are always best! Thanks

Will do