Sign in to follow this  
LiLMike

70 Grill in a 69

There is molded holes for the sport lamps, but you'd need the sport lamps with bezel and lens, plus the front bracket to mount the lamp to the grill, and the back bracket to mount the front bracket/grill to the radiator support.

Here is the two grills, notice the shape at the ends (like I mentioned before):

08200-B.jpg

M3629A.jpg

if you had your heart set on it you could change the front sheet metal out. I have seen some 70's with 69 front end. A bit of a hybrid and though would be considered sacrilege, IMO that would be the best of both worlds. Putting a 70 front on a 69 though....cant say I would be a fan of that.

The front fenders are the same just the headlight buckets are different. The front fenders of the 70 have marker lights in them but they are the same shape. Also the 69 has marker lights in the lower valance whereas te 70 does not. I was thinking about putting the 70 front end on my 69 but have since changed my mind.

I like the looks of the 69 with the 4 headlights. I just like the look of the sportlamps on the 70s. I don't think mounting sportlamps/fog lights under the bumper or any other place would look good and I'm not sure how the sportlamps would look in a 69 grill. Like Manley said, probably too crowded. I'm not about to put a 70 front clip on my 69, although if I had a 70 I would definitely be putting the 69 side scoops on!