Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Dyno numbers from today

Don't know if my buddy is still posting here but he dynoed his.stang today at a place in Houston

Motor is a 408 with Patriot performance heads that are pretty much box stock, with the exception of swapping springs to match the Hyd roller can that I picked out when he built the motor.

Transmission is a TKO with a 9" out back and 3.73 gears if I recall.

Carb is a Vac secondary 750 with an Edelbrock intake and re-curved distributor.

I had guessed he would put out 375 rwhp, and I was being generous,...really thought about 350 .....Boy was I surprised...

He made 403 rwhp and 457 on the torque O Meter lol.

So I think those cheap Patriot heads are a pretty Good bang for the Buck.

Now I'm wondering What my 4r70W equipped car will do.

I dynoed 550 hp at the flywheel...

Power Fab automotive is where he had it done...don't know how accurate their stuff is but it's a Dyno Jet I think.

The heads Just had some clean up on them, just a blend job, the shop didn't even charge him for it and I looked at it, looks like they Just cleaned up the cast flashing and smoothed it all out.

I have his can specs somewhere...it's a custom going but nothing crazy.

Its a man Child from 2k to about 4200 on the torque spectrum and the HP is played our and flat lined at 5500.....So its a fairly broad curve for what its used for. which is just street cruising....So he is probably making about 450 at the flywheel....not too bad for some heads everyone says are not very good.

Im very impressed, and hes very pleased.

I drove the car recently and I can tell ya it feels like it is still pulling after 5500 but the numbers show different.