Sign in to follow this  
55Mach1

Ground Strap question for wiring

Being that the negative battery wire is dirctly grounded to the engine block do i still need the thin gauge ground that is attached to rear of my passengerncylinder head to th firewall right next to the blower motor assembly.

Yes, you need it. You might find that your car works without it, but that is because it is using other means ( like the throttle cable) to complete the circuit between you engine and the chassis. But without it, you are looking for the possibility of trouble in the future.

Not only should you have that wire connected from block to firewall. You should add on one from the battey ground cable end to the rad support.

One on firewall helps the guages read correctly and the rad support ground helps the lighing system connections.

Guys can i ground this to the back of my aluminum cylinder heads or does it have to go to the cast iron block? I just dont know where to out it because th wire is so short and i think previously it was onmthe rear cylinder head.