Sign in to follow this  
Jimjific

A Couple of Interior Questions

Hello All,

I've started the sounded proofing process on the interior and while I have torn everything out of the car I figure it is a good time to do some other fixes as well as install a stereo.

So I had a couple of questions:

- I have light blue interior with black accents ie, lower dash. The lower dash and steering column could use a refresh on the paint. I notice that Mustangs Unlimited offers two blacks, a semi or a metalic. So the question is, which one is correct.

- I pulled the door panels since I have new one and I also want to put the sound deadening in them too. Plus, my drivers side door has some issues. It looks like they glued the glass in the wrong place and they did a crappy repair on the forward window guide. Anyway, I noticed that the drivers side is missing the upper two clips that help hold the top molding on. Does anyone have a source for these? I didn't seem to be able to find them.

Thanks,

Jim

Hello All,

I've started the sounded proofing process on the interior and while I have torn everything out of the car I figure it is a good time to do some other fixes as well as install a stereo.

So I had a couple of questions:

- I have light blue interior with black accents ie, lower dash. The lower dash and steering column could use a refresh on the paint. I notice that Mustangs Unlimited offers two blacks, a semi or a metalic. So the question is, which one is correct.

- I pulled the door panels since I have new one and I also want to put the sound deadening in them too. Plus, my drivers side door has some issues. It looks like they glued the glass in the wrong place and they did a crappy repair on the forward window guide. Anyway, I noticed that the drivers side is missing the upper two clips that help hold the top molding on. Does anyone have a source for these? I didn't seem to be able to find them.

Thanks,

Jim

IIRC I thought the lower dash was painted dark charcoal black metallic. If you go to Bucheyedemons project on page 22 about 1/2 way down he explains how he painted his dash & what he used. As far as the 2 clips for the upper door moulding I do not believe anyone repops them, I also need a set of 4 for my 69 Coupe. Hope that helps.

Mike.

Was that a 69 thing? Mine didint have holes or any sign of that bracket. Also, my door panel is pretty rigid along the top and once seated in place, is pretty firm and doesnt seem to be going anywhere. That bracket looks like it might keep the panel from setting down all the way. I will have to check the books on this for 70 cars.