Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

Heater Box (no A/C) Rebuilt 1

This was a fairly simple project to do. I purchased a new heater core, seal kit and strip caulk from CJ Pony, a new AC Delco Blower motor from Rock Auto. Took pictures all the way thru the tear down so I would remember how it all goes back. I'm turnig 50 on Friday (5/31) so my memory is not so good anymore. The air director or whatever that thing is really called was all rusted out so I bought me a little 18" bench top sheet metal break from Harbor Freight and made a new one. Measured and transferred all the dimensions on a piece of paper, then transfered all the lines to the sheet metal. Gotto tell you, it came out better than I thought. Spent a few hours saoking and scrubbing the fiberglass box itself with warm water and AWESOME. Looking brand new now. Picked up a used squirrel cage at a local salvage yard. I chose to bolt the unit back together rather than using rivits. Overall I was very pleased with the rebuilt heaterbox. There are 2 threads with pictures. Wanted to share as much as I could.

The heater box rebuild came out GREAT!!!. I still have to do mine. BTW 50 YO isn't that bad, the memory really goes to shit once you go over 55. I am almost 56, what was I doing. LOL!!!.:clown:

Cool....thanks for sharing. This is a project I'm going to do one of these days. I was unsure how I would deal with replacing the rivets if I drilled them out. Guess I shouldn't worry so much!