Sign in to follow this  
5literfever

Transmission question

So I have a 1969 mustang coupe with a mild cruiser 302 but I'm debating on either going with the t10 I have or going to a c4 that originally came with car. I know one is a manual and the other is an automatic but that doesn't matter to me, because I'm just looking for the best cruiser transmission

Thanks

Mike

I loved my T-10. Stout and easy to shift. I had an old Hurst shifter that wasn't as reliable, but once replaced, the whole setup was very nice! Sometimes the best therapy is to go out and bang some gears hard.

If your car was originally an automatic, you'll need a lot of extra pieces to make the conversion. You might want to consider a Fox AOD. I understand that they are easy to adapt to an automatic car. And you'll get overdrive.

If the T-10 is already in the car and working, I'd choose that. If not, then I'd probably go with the C4 or AOD.

Good luck.

Chuck

If I'm not mistaken, T-10 parts are not the easiest things to find. If you want a stick, I'd suggest a T-5. You'll love having that 5th gear for highway speeds and low engine RPM's. Automatic, I'd suggest an AOD for the same reason. If it's strictly a cost decision, stick with the C4. Good transmission, tons of them still around, and parts are cheap.