Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

Mustang Rim HELP

I really need some help. I found a set of 4 17" Ford Mustang factory wheels. Wheels are in Excellent condition. Wheels were removed from a 2013 Mustang and the Lug pattern is 5x4.5 or 5x114.3. Is there anybody here that can tell for sure if they will fit my 1969 Coupe. I have a 5 lug pattern rear axle. I hope there is enough information here for someone to help me.

if those are the 17x8 wheels you will need a 1.5 inch spacer up front and a 1.25 in the rear. You could go with 1.5 in the rear too but it may leave you with a short stud thread to lock the wheel down with.

I run the 05 GT wheels, which should be the same size as the ones you found, measure them up and see what the wheel width is just to be sure.

if those are the 17x8 wheels you will need a 1.5 inch spacer up front and a 1.25 in the rear. You could go with 1.5 in the rear too but it may leave you with a short stud thread to lock the wheel down with.

I run the 05 GT wheels, which should be the same size as the ones you found, measure them up and see what the wheel width is just to be sure.

That coupe looks great and so do those rims. Thanks for that info. I have to find out the width to be sure.

Backspacing and offset will vary from car to car due to a number of things that are no longer stock on the car that would have altered the track width of the front and rear of the car. If you already have wheels on the car then you can easily measure the backspacing and rim width and plug those numbers into this site and get you the offset you currently have. From there you can play with rim widths and offsets to see what will most likely fit your car.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

This is another calculator but it only does one wheel at a time:

http://www.mrw-wheels.com/wheel%20tech/offset%20chart.html

One thing to note is that the 94-04 Mustangs favor one set of offsets while the 05-12 Mustangs favor another set of offsets. Here is a good site with lots of OE wheel selection from these years.

1974 - 2004

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/SubCat.asp?CatKey=74-01&SubCategory=Wheels&category=Wheels+%26+Brakes&KeyWords=LST15&grid=N

2005 - 2012

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/SubCat.asp?CatKey=LLMUSTANG&SubCategory=Wheels&category=Wheels+%26+Brakes&KeyWords=LST15&grid=N

They are reasonably priced as far as I can tell. I literally just bought 17"x8" 30mm offset and 17"x9" 45mm offset chrome Bullitts for my 93 Coupe a couple of days ago and the service was great and the shipping was free.

Darren

OK I found some additional information about these rims. The part number on the rim is DR33-1007-BB 17x7 +40. Back spacing measures 5.5. Do you think I can use these rims? If so what size spacers should I consider? Thanks

Well yesterday I pulled the trigger and bought the rims I wanted. As a matter of fact they are painted with the Sterling Gray Metallis paint the car is getting painted. The guy that was selling the rims owns a Tire Shop in Burlington, North Carolina for over 25 years. Nelson was a wealth of information. We talked about spacers, tire fitment, tire size, etc. At the end of the day, he offered a set of BF GOODRICH 245/45(ZR)17 throw away tires off a Mustang he had in the shop. He mounted these on my rims for free. This gives me a base line of the size tire and spacers I'll need when they are ready to go on the car. Wish I had the car back home from the paint shop.