Sign in to follow this  
buening

Anyone have original deluxe door panels handy (not installed)?

I need a picture of the backside of a deluxe door panel at the stainless door lock grommet. I'm trying to determine how these are crimped on, and an original door panel is the only way I can think of determining it. So if you have a panel that you can access, would you mind posting up an upclose picture of the backside of the lock grommet? Thanks!

Below is a picture of the NOS grommets I have. Trying to determine of the bottom of the tube splits and all the tabs flare out, or if the center of the tube bulges out with the bottom still intact. The way it is precut they appear to split into individual tabs, in which I could use a C-clamp with something to protect the top surface and crimp it onto the panels.

$T2eC16ZHJI!E9qSO9evfBQdICQ(snw~~60_57.JPG

Here are 2 pics of the grommets on my orig. '69 Deluxe Door Panels ... they certainly look different than the D0AZ Grommets you've got.

Well ... for some reason, the site is not letting me up load my pics today so I'll just describe them.

They have just 2 simple bend over ears where your replacements would need some sort of tooling to mushroom them onto the panel.

Just looked at the other 5 original '69 panels I've got and they all have the same grommet with the 2 bend over ears. Maybe they changed for '70 ??

I'll try to post my pics from a different computer ... sorry that did not work either !!

Doug

Edited by stangs-R-me
2nd attemt at adding pics !!

Yes, I mentioned that in my stainless exhaust thread. Maybe we blew our quota for storage?

I just went into my User CP and noticed I had 122 pics stored in there ... wow !!

Anyway, I deleted 9 pics that no longer needed to be in the threads they were posted in ... then tried to post one of these 2 new pics and again NO GO !!

So maybe it is a whole forum quota that we've exceeded, not certain members.

Doug