Sign in to follow this  
rickshaner

69 Mustang Brake Line Clips

Does anyone have any pictures of the proper locations for the clips that hold the brake lines on. I am replacing all of the brake lines on my '69 coupe so I bought a brake and fuel line clip set from CJ Pony Parts, but I can't figure out the right location of and how to install some of the clips.

Thanks,

Rick

I took a bunch of pics of my original underside when I cleaned it up a couple years back. Installed new brake lines, fuel lines, and clips while I was under there too.

Clips install by squeezing the the tangs together with a pair of pliers. They are one-use though, so make sure you've got it through the floor before squeezin'.

I took a bunch of underside pics ... don't know if I got all the brake/fuel line clip placements, but I'm sure most are visable.

Here is my album:

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/stangs-R-me-Deluxe-GT-Hardtop

Doug

Great pictures! The car looks great. I couldn't really make out where the brake line clips are located from the photos. Also what do you mean when you say to make sure that I have them through the floor before squeezing? Should there be holes in my floor where these attach? I don't have any holes where clips would attach.

Thanks for your help,

Rick

Once I got under the car again I saw remnants of the old clips. Once I removed these I was able to understand what you meant by squeezing the tangs together. Thanks again for the help.

Here's a link to my website with pictures of what I did:

http://69mustangrestoration.blogspot.com/p/brake-and-fuel-line-placement.html

Edited by rickshaner